Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One More Visit

So the "To Do" lists are taking over my life and I hug my Moving Binder when I'm getting overwhelmed. Its nicely organized pages give me the illusion that I have some control of the chaos around me. But today I did my best to put it all aside and make one more visit to the mountains.

I love these mountains and I am really going to miss escaping into the green woods to go walking under towering pine trees. The sound of the wind, the whistling birds, the crunch of leaves, gravel and twigs underfoot, the sound of my kids joy at discovering a rock or branch that is absolutely more amazing than anything that they've discovered before.

It makes me think of how much we've changed, learned and grown in these three years.

We ended up on a path to the old railroad trestles. We all really enjoyed exploring but it made me sad for all that we'll be leaving behind. I will miss this place.

I loved that on our last trip with a random turn down a different path than normal we found one more corner that we had not explored before. But even as we explored the tumbled down trestle and enjoyed one more adventure it was a reminder that all things are temporary. Our time at Holloman has been short. We will be forgotten and others will come to make this place their own. That's good and as it should be. We have no ownership of this place. There is nothing here that is ours. It has not been our work or our ministry.



 Scripture says it best when Paul talks about how it doesn't matter who is preaching the gospel. The Corinthians were dividing into factions. Those who studied under Paul and those who studied under Apollos. Whether it was him or Apollos, the goal was the preaching of the gospel! Who preached it wasn't the point and was a waste of time.
 I Corinthians 3:10-13
10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— 13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.


Nothing that WE have done here matters. None of it will last. Only what Christ has done has any true value.


Matthew 6:19-21
19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Kristi


2 comments:

Rachel @ MyWholesomeHome said...

Well written post and beautiful pictures!! Good luck with the impending move.

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

I need those verse reminders over and over, thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...